Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET performance information

ASP.NET performance information

Dan

Hello,

Is there a way to get information about the performance of the asp.net
such as execution time, requests/secs, etc.

I know they are available from the performance monitor by adding
counters but I am more interested in logging that information in a SQL
DB.

Thank you

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can programatically hit perf counters and store the information.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to get information about the performance of the asp.net
> such as execution time, requests/secs, etc.
>
> I know they are available from the performance monitor by adding
> counters but I am more interested in logging that information in a SQL
> DB.
>
> Thank you

Dan

Can this be done without adding the counters in perfmon?

On Feb 5, 11:56 am, "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You can programatically hit perf counters and store the information.
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBAhttp://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com

> Think outside the box!
> ********************************************"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > Hello,

> > Is there a way to get information about the performance of the asp.net
> > such as execution time, requests/secs, etc.

> > I know they are available from the performance monitor by adding
> > counters but I am more interested in logging that information in a SQL
> > DB.

> > Thank you

Dan

I decided to use custom health monitoring events instead. So all the
code will be explicitly implemented. For those who are interested: