Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTTPModule

HTTPModule

spambox.dccobb@gmail.com

Has anyone experienced loss of HTTP header information when requesting
files via the use of a http module?

I'm authenticating the use of mp3 files before download, and the http
header request "Range: bytes=2385920-" should respond with a 206
"Partial Content" staus code and "Content-Range: bytes
2385920-9585056/9585057" within the response header. Hence returning
partial parts of an MP3.

I've tested this without the http module and I'm getting the expected
results minus the authentication (obviously).

Not sure why this isn't returning the correct response, or how to
reproduce the required response headers. Help!

Dave

bruce barker

http 1.1 supports fetching content by byte offset and length thru
request headers. this is optional support though. native request
handling by iis supports this for files, but for any other handler its
optional.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

> Has anyone experienced loss of HTTP header information when requesting
> files via the use of a http module?
>
> I'm authenticating the use of mp3 files before download, and the http
> header request "Range: bytes=2385920-" should respond with a 206
> "Partial Content" staus code and "Content-Range: bytes
> 2385920-9585056/9585057" within the response header. Hence returning
> partial parts of an MP3.
>
> I've tested this without the http module and I'm getting the expected
> results minus the authentication (obviously).
>
> Not sure why this isn't returning the correct response, or how to
> reproduce the required response headers. Help!
>
> Dave

Dave

OK. Are you saying that Microsoft may not support this in their
implementation of http modules/handlers because it is seen as an
optional part of the HTTP protocol?

If this is the case my options are extremely limited!

Dave

On Feb 1, 4:20 pm, bruce barker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http 1.1 supports fetching content by byte offset and length thru
> request headers. this is optional support though. native request
> handling by iis supports this for files, but for any other handler its
> optional.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

HttpModule or Global.asax Juha Borenius ASP .Net 1 08-13-2003 02:05 PM
Can HttpHandler or HttpModule trap image requests? Peter Rilling ASP .Net 1 08-05-2003 11:07 AM
httpModule fails to load following upgrading to VS2003 Gary Varga ASP .Net 0 07-18-2003 10:20 AM
HttpModule PJ ASP .Net 3 07-18-2003 07:10 AM
HttpModule for ASP and ASP.NET URL filtering Jon Sequeira ASP .Net 3 06-26-2003 03:36 PM

Advertisments