Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Service App: Exception in Application_Start returns "yellow screen" instead of SoapException

Web Service App: Exception in Application_Start returns "yellow screen" instead of SoapException

Chris

Hey guys,

I'm pulling my hair. I have a bunch of web services, some IHttpModules
and some SoapExtensions that get loaded through the web.config. When
there is an exception in one of those modules or extensions during a
web request ASP.Net should send a nice SoapException in XML format
back to the web service client.

The problem is, it doesn't. Rather it sends bunch of "yellow page"
HTML, the same kind of error page with stack trace etc. you get to see
in regular web apps.

Of course I can catch these exceptions. However, I still need to send
a well-formed SoapException message to the web service client. So far
I couldn't find a way to accomplish that. Does anybody have an idea
what I need to do? Hook into some event? Write a trap-all extension or
module?

Thanks, Christoph