Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

mwmorrison93@gmail.com

Hello, I'm at my wit's end regarding the "The state information is
invalid for this page and might be corrupted" error and I'm hoping
someone can provide some assistance. I working with C#/ASP.NET 2.0/
IIS 6/Windows 2003 in a Web Farm environment. I've set up a machineKey
in root web configuration file that I'm sharing across all machines,
however i'm still getting an error stating that the viewstate is
invalid. I'm not sure what else to change to fix this whether this is
a problem with my application or a problem with IIS. It seems quite a
few other people are having this problem as well. Here's a copy of
the page tag in my web.config file also:

<pages enableViewStateMac="false" enableEventValidation="false"
viewStateEncryptionMode="Never" maxPageStateFieldLength="200" />

Thanks in advance for you help. The stack trace from the error is
listed below

Mike

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.w56adrvm, Version=0.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The
system cannot find the file specified.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +72
System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) +57

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeType (SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +192

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +943

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +384

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +198

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +210

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader
reader) +198
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str eam inputStream)
+142

[ArgumentException: The serialized data is invalid.]
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str eam inputStream)
+206
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString)
+311

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String
serializedState) +4
System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter,
String serializedState) +37
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +140

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
Client IP: 12.145.159.133
Port: 37034
SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)
ViewState: /
wEPDwUJNTM1ODk3OTk2DxYEHhVjdXJyZW50U29ydEV4cHJlc3N pb24FEVByb2dyYW1zLlByb2dOYW1lHhBjdXJyZW50U29ydE9yZ GVyCyl5QWdlbmN5UG9ydGFsTWFpbitlbnVTb3J0T3JkZXIsIEF wcF9XZWJfbWFpbi5hc3B4LmNkY2FiN2QyLnc1NmFkcnZtLCBWZ XJzaW9uPTAuMC4wLjAsIEN1bHR1cmU9bmV1dHJhbCwgUHVibGl jS2V5VG9rZW49bnVsbAAWAmYPZBYCAgEPZBYCAgEPZBYGAgEPD xYCHgRUZXh0BS1XZWxjb21lIEVybWEgICAgICAgICAgICAgICA gICAgICAgICAgIHByb2ZpbGVkZAIDDw8WAh8CBSZGTVRBIEZlc md1c29uIE1vZGVsaW5nICYgVGFsZW50IEFnZW5jeWRkAgUPEA8 WBh4NRGF0YVRleHRGaWVsZAUIcHJvZ05hbWUeDkRhdGFWYWx1Z UZpZWxkBQlwcm9ncmFtSUQeC18hRGF0YUJvdW5kZ2QQFRgQKEN ob29zZSBQcm9ncmFtKSVhdCZ0IE1lcmNoYW5kaXNpbmcgUHJvZ 3JhbSBEZWMgKDA1NTgpJmF0JnQgTWVyY2hhbmRpc2luZyBQcm9 ncmFtIE5vdi4gKDA1NTgpG0FYRSBJbi1TdG9yZSBTdG9ja2VyI CgwNTExKQ9BWEUgVkRheSAoMDU2NCkWQVhFIFZEYXkgQVVESVR TICgwNTY0KRdBWEUgVkRheSBCQUNLVVBTICgwNTY0KRRCYWJ5I EVpbnN0ZWluICgwNTI1KR9Ccml0YSBXYXRlciBGaWx0...]

[HttpException (0x80004005): The state information is invalid for this
page and might be corrupted.]
System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String
persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError)
+116
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +240
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium() +83
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +35
+6953
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
+154
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context)
+18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.main_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS
\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root
\abcdcf70\e7522bf8\App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.zbta brey.0.cs:0

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
+154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210