Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > using domain groups with forms security

using domain groups with forms security

=?Utf-8?B?TmVkaW0=?=

does anybody know how to use active directory groups with forms security? i
found a method (in a advapi32.dll) but it only uses a username and a password
from AD so the user has to be in a admin group. i wanna make a separate group
in AD for the users of my web app and have the web app validate them against
that group.

thanx in advance

John Timney \(MVP\)

Forms authentication to AD is certainly supported, and I dont believe you
need to go anywhere near advapi32 to get it to work.

Take a look through some of the online tutorials to get you moving. This is
a good one!
http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet...rmsauthp1.html

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Nedim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anybody know how to use active directory groups with forms security?
> found a method (in a advapi32.dll) but it only uses a username and a
> password
> from AD so the user has to be in a admin group. i wanna make a separate
> group
> in AD for the users of my web app and have the web app validate them
> against
> that group.
>
> thanx in advance

Alexey Smirnov

On Jan 29, 10:38 am, Nedim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> does anybody know how to use active directory groups with forms security? i
> found a method (in a advapi32.dll) but it only uses a username and a password
> from AD so the user has to be in a admin group. i wanna make a separate group
> in AD for the users of my web app and have the web app validate them against
> that group.
>
> thanx in advance

What about Windows authentication?

<authentication mode = "Windows" />

This explains how to use the ActiveDirectory Membership Provider:

Peter
--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net