Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASPMenu

ASPMenu

=?Utf-8?B?KioqKiBLaXRlT3JlZ29uICoqKio=?=

I have a page with an aspMenu, i am able to handle the menuItem_click event,
however once i handle the event how do i make the page navigate?

so how do i make the aspMenu control navigate to a URL set in the
codebehind. I can't use the normal click event. In this case i want to use
the control, but it's visibility property could be set to false, so how do i
do the same thing.

This is confusing, maybe better if i could write code to explain what i want.

MenuItem myItem = new MenuItem;
myItem.NavigateURL = "http://www.url.com";
myItme.Target = "content";

Menu1.Items.Add(myItem)

** now i want to call a nav function. **
ie. Menu1.Items["X"].act_like_i_was_clicked_from_client

ok, i think that makes a little more sense.

Thanks

Eric.
--
Just another lost developer.....

Howdy,

If i got you right, you want to achieve something like this:

{
if (!IsPostBack)
{
menu.Items.Add(new MenuItem("Go to MST", "http://www.microsoft.com"));
menu.Items.Add(new MenuItem("Go to Amazon", "http://www.amazon.com"));
}
}
protected void menu_MenuItemClick(object sender, MenuEventArgs e)
{
// do something before redirecting ...
// i.e. increase link target website counter
// and redirect
Response.Redirect(e.Item.Value);
}

Remember viewstate of the page/menu has to be enabled

hope this helps
--
Milosz