Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error executing version of Net Framework

Error executing version of Net Framework

=?Utf-8?B?SGVybWF3aWg=?=

Hello,

Please anybody help me.
I have only a little experience with web development.
I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
It works fine on local computer.

When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error about
net framework version information.

"Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"

I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
application was executed using 1.1.

Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0.

How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??

Thank you.

--
Hermawih

Peter Bradley

If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a machine
that is also running .NET 2.0.

I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.

Peter

"Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Please anybody help me.
> I have only a little experience with web development.
> I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
> It works fine on local computer.
>
> When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error about
> net framework version information.
>

> "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
> ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"
>

> I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
> application was executed using 1.1.
>
> Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1 and
> 2.0.
>
> How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Hermawih

Gary

"Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Please anybody help me.
> I have only a little experience with web development.
> I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
> It works fine on local computer.
>
> When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error about
> net framework version information.
>

> "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
> ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"
>

> I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
> application was executed using 1.1.
>
> Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1 and
> 2.0.
>
> How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Hermawih

I am also new. I think within IIS, if you right click on your SITE which
you have setup and choose PROPERTIES, you will find a ASP.NET tab which has
the options. if you dont see the ASP.NET tab, you havent installed .NET 2.0
framework.

Thats how I get it to work.

G.

=?Utf-8?B?SGVybWF3aWg=?=

Peter Wrote,

> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a machine
> that is also running .NET 2.0.
>
> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.

Thanks Peter for replying. Our provider has two NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0.
But perhaps because of the default setting set by provider, the application
was run on 1.1.

It got to be a way to change that default setting programmatically. I have
a feeling that it got to be on web.config. But I just don't know how.

--
Hermawih

"Peter Bradley" wrote:

> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a machine
> that is also running .NET 2.0.
>
> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.
>

> Peter
>

> "Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please anybody help me.
> > I have only a little experience with web development.
> > I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
> > It works fine on local computer.
> >
> > When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error about
> > net framework version information.
> >

> > "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
> > ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"
> >

> > I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
> > application was executed using 1.1.
> >
> > Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1 and
> > 2.0.
> >
> > How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > Hermawih

=?Utf-8?B?SGVybWF3aWg=?=

Gary Wrote,

I think within IIS, if you right click on your SITE which
> you have setup and choose PROPERTIES, you will find a ASP.NET tab which has
> the options. if you dont see the ASP.NET tab, you havent installed .NET 2.0
> framework.

---
Thanks Gary for replying. Our provider has two NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0.
I can't touch the IIS because the only person who can setup IIS on our web
site is the admin of our provider. Perhaps I could ask our provider to set
the NET framework 2.0 as the default setting. But I want to find a way
programmatically.
It got to be a way to change that default setting programmatically. I have
a feeling that it got to be on web.config. But I just don't know how to set
it up.

--
Hermawih

"Gary" wrote:

> "Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please anybody help me.
> > I have only a little experience with web development.
> > I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
> > It works fine on local computer.
> >
> > When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error about
> > net framework version information.
> >

> > "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
> > ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"
> >

> > I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
> > application was executed using 1.1.
> >
> > Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1 and
> > 2.0.
> >
> > How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > Hermawih

> I am also new. I think within IIS, if you right click on your SITE which
> you have setup and choose PROPERTIES, you will find a ASP.NET tab which has
> the options. if you dont see the ASP.NET tab, you havent installed .NET 2.0
> framework.
>
> Thats how I get it to work.
>
> G.

Peter Bradley

Don't think so. I may very well be wrong, but I think you will have to ask
your ISP to configure your site to use .NET Framework 2.0.

Peter

"Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Wrote,
>
>> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a
>> machine
>> that is also running .NET 2.0.
>>
>> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
>> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.

> Thanks Peter for replying. Our provider has two NET Framework 1.1 and
> 2.0.
> But perhaps because of the default setting set by provider, the
> application
> was run on 1.1.
>
> It got to be a way to change that default setting programmatically. I
> have
> a feeling that it got to be on web.config. But I just don't know how.
>
> --
> Hermawih
>

> "Peter Bradley" wrote:
>
>> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a
>> machine
>> that is also running .NET 2.0.
>>
>> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
>> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.
>>

>> Peter
>>

>> "Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Please anybody help me.
>> > I have only a little experience with web development.
>> > I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
>> > It works fine on local computer.
>> >
>> > When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error
>> > about
>> > net framework version information.
>> >

>> > "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
>> > ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"
>> >

>> > I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
>> > application was executed using 1.1.
>> >
>> > Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1
>> > and
>> > 2.0.
>> >
>> > How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Hermawih

Mark Fitzpatrick

It is not in the web.config and must be set through IIS or through a
command-line tool. In short, you need to ensure that your host has your site
set for 2.0 as you cannot change this, only they can do this. It's a fairly
easy change and most hosts are pretty quick about it.

--

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

"Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Wrote,
>
>> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a
>> machine
>> that is also running .NET 2.0.
>>
>> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
>> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.

> Thanks Peter for replying. Our provider has two NET Framework 1.1 and
> 2.0.
> But perhaps because of the default setting set by provider, the
> application
> was run on 1.1.
>
> It got to be a way to change that default setting programmatically. I
> have
> a feeling that it got to be on web.config. But I just don't know how.
>
> --
> Hermawih
>

> "Peter Bradley" wrote:
>
>> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a
>> machine
>> that is also running .NET 2.0.
>>
>> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
>> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.
>>

>> Peter
>>

>> "Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Please anybody help me.
>> > I have only a little experience with web development.
>> > I created simple project using ASP NET 2.0 (VS 2005)
>> > It works fine on local computer.
>> >
>> > When I tried to run the application on the web, it give me an error
>> > about
>> > net framework version information.
>> >

>> > "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
>> > ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300"
>> >

>> > I think the problem is because running ASP NET 2.0 application but the
>> > application was executed using 1.1.
>> >
>> > Our Web Provider has two NET Frameworks to choose: NET Framework 1.1
>> > and
>> > 2.0.
>> >
>> > How could I set up the application to run on NET Framework 2.0 ??
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Hermawih

=?Utf-8?B?SGVybWF3aWg=?=

Hello Mark,

I searched that issue on MSDN "Side by Side Execution". It gave me so much
information on that. MSDN suggests that I use SupportedRuntime element on
web.config.

<configuration>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.5072"/>
<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

But It did not work. Perhaps I did it wrong or maybe that can't be done
using web.config.

I am going to follow Mark's suggestion for easy way out by asking our
provider to change the default setting into version 2.0.

Thanks all for sharing.
--
Hermawih

"Mark Fitzpatrick" wrote:

> It is not in the web.config and must be set through IIS or through a
> command-line tool. In short, you need to ensure that your host has your site
> set for 2.0 as you cannot change this, only they can do this. It's a fairly
> easy change and most hosts are pretty quick about it.
>

> --
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark Fitzpatrick
> Former Microsoft FrontPage MVP 199?-2006
>

> "Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Peter Wrote,
> >
> >> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a
> >> machine
> >> that is also running .NET 2.0.
> >>
> >> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
> >> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.

> > Thanks Peter for replying. Our provider has two NET Framework 1.1 and
> > 2.0.
> > But perhaps because of the default setting set by provider, the
> > application
> > was run on 1.1.
> >
> > It got to be a way to change that default setting programmatically. I
> > have
> > a feeling that it got to be on web.config. But I just don't know how.
> >
> > --
> > Hermawih
> >

> > "Peter Bradley" wrote:
> >
> >> If you developed using .NET Framework, 2.0, you must deploy it to a
> >> machine
> >> that is also running .NET 2.0.
> >>
> >> I think your first step is to ask your provider if the .NET Framework
> >> version 2.0 is available on the server hosting your site.
> >>

> >> Peter
> >>

> >> "Hermawih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?SGVybWF3aWg=?=

Thanks you all for sharing.

I just asked our provider to change the setting. In only a few minutes the
problems gone.

--
Hermawih

Juan T. Llibre

supportedRuntime version only works for WinForms/console applications.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/