Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > QUERY: Client-side DataGrid for faster fluid feel?

QUERY: Client-side DataGrid for faster fluid feel?

Andrew Wan

Is it possible to make some of the DataGrid functionality to client-side?
Such as the Edit, Update, Cancel, Delete functionality? Everytime I click on

row's Edit button, I wait 2 seconds before I see the Edit controls (eg.
textboxes, drop-down combos, checkboxes). I understand that the DataGrid's
Edit,

Cancel, Update, Delete functions are server-side because it uses ASP.NET
postback handler functions.

What I like is these Edit, Cancel, Update, Delete functions being on
client-side, but uses AJAX requests in background. This would make the user
feel fluid

editing (opposed to the 2 seconds delay for each DataGrid button pressed).

Is this possible with the standard DataGrid? Or can the DataGrid be
overrided so that the Edit, Cancel, Update, Delete functions operate on
client-side, and

sends the actual Update/Delete command using AJAX? This is so much faster
and better than the current slow DataGrid.

If one has to code all this functionality manually, how would one go about
it?

If I don't see much prospect of the DataGrid, I'll eventually abandon
ASP.NET with GWT.

Mark Rae

"Andrew Wan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is it possible to make some of the DataGrid functionality to client-side?

http://anthemdotnet.com/examples/DataGrid.aspx

The latest build now has support for all of the new v2 controls e.g.
GridView etc.