Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX VPN Radius Authentication question

PIX VPN Radius Authentication question

seanh012@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I have a Cisco PIX with a dynamic crypto map set up. I have roaming
users who connect with the Cisco client, and one user who has a
persistent tunnel setup with a sonicwall.

The thing is, i want to require RADIUS authentication, but only for
those using the cisco client. The sonicwall I don't want to require
this on.

When I apply the following command to my crypto map:

crypto map test client authentication AuthInbound

The RADIUS works fine, the clients can connect up, and it prompts for
their username and password, then lets them in appropriately. However,
this kills the Sonicwall's tunnel, because there isn't any way to tell
it to supply a certain username and password when asked. I confirmed
this with Sonicwall's tech support.

So my only option is to see if there is some way to exclude the
sonicwall's IP from requiring authentication.

Here are the relevant parts of my config:

access-list 120 permit ip Main 255.255.0.0 x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
access-list 120 permit ip x.x.x.x 255.0.0.0 x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0

aaa-server TACACS+ protocol tacacs+
aaa-server TACACS+ max-failed-attempts 3
aaa-server TACACS+ deadtime 10
aaa-server RADIUS protocol radius
aaa-server RADIUS max-failed-attempts 3
aaa-server RADIUS deadtime 10
aaa-server RADIUS (inside) host x.x.x.x timeout 10
aaa-server LOCAL protocol local
aaa-server AuthInbound protocol radius
aaa-server AuthInbound max-failed-attempts 3
aaa-server AuthInbound deadtime 10
aaa-server AuthInbound (inside) host x.x.x.x MYPASSWORD timeout 10

sysopt connection permit-ipsec
sysopt ipsec pl-compatible

crypto ipsec transform-set strongsha esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
crypto dynamic-map pixtosw 10 set transform-set strongsha
crypto map test 200 ipsec-isakmp dynamic pixtosw
crypto map test client authentication AuthInbound
crypto map test interface outside

isakmp enable outside
isakmp key ******** address 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0
isakmp identity address