Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Simple layout question

Reply
Thread Tools

Simple layout question

 
 
Daniel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2007
Hey guys,

I last made a site using Asp.net in vis studio 2003.

Now in 2005 and .net 2 i want to make anothe rbut i cant get the layour
working. Before i used to make eveyrhting position absolute and just drag
and drop where i wanted things to go and this worked great cross browser,
looked same on all machines i was happy.

In Vis studio 2005 i can't do this? Even when i make the div position
absolute? Am i doing something wrong, is it not possible for the drag and
drop layout method now? If so how do you create complex layouts?

Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Masudur
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2007
In
vs2003

it has
<body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">
now in
2s2005

no gridlayout....

Masudur

On Jan 24, 5:16 pm, "Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I last made a site using Asp.net in vis studio 2003.
>
> Now in 2005 and .net 2 i want to make anothe rbut i cant get the layour
> working. Before i used to make eveyrhting position absolute and just drag
> and drop where i wanted things to go and this worked great cross browser,
> looked same on all machines i was happy.
>
> In Vis studio 2005 i can't do this? Even when i make the div position
> absolute? Am i doing something wrong, is it not possible for the drag and
> drop layout method now? If so how do you create complex layouts?
>
> Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Daniel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2007
Why not? There anything wrong with grid layout?

P.S. i found by adding grid layout line to the body it works as i wanted.



"Masudur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> In
> vs2003
>
> it has
> <body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">
> now in
> 2s2005
>
> no gridlayout....
>
> Masudur
>
> On Jan 24, 5:16 pm, "Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I last made a site using Asp.net in vis studio 2003.
>>
>> Now in 2005 and .net 2 i want to make anothe rbut i cant get the layour
>> working. Before i used to make eveyrhting position absolute and just drag
>> and drop where i wanted things to go and this worked great cross browser,
>> looked same on all machines i was happy.
>>
>> In Vis studio 2005 i can't do this? Even when i make the div position
>> absolute? Am i doing something wrong, is it not possible for the drag and
>> drop layout method now? If so how do you create complex layouts?
>>
>> Thanks

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
bruce barker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2007
grid layout only worked for for the machine the layout is done on. even
when all users use IE, screen resolutions and font sizes caused problems.

to see an example, using desktop properties->Apperance->Font size, pick
large or extra large, then view your old grid based site.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)


Daniel wrote:
> Why not? There anything wrong with grid layout?
>
> P.S. i found by adding grid layout line to the body it works as i wanted.
>
>
>
> "Masudur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> In
>> vs2003
>>
>> it has
>> <body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">
>> now in
>> 2s2005
>>
>> no gridlayout....
>>
>> Masudur
>>
>> On Jan 24, 5:16 pm, "Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I last made a site using Asp.net in vis studio 2003.
>>>
>>> Now in 2005 and .net 2 i want to make anothe rbut i cant get the layour
>>> working. Before i used to make eveyrhting position absolute and just drag
>>> and drop where i wanted things to go and this worked great cross browser,
>>> looked same on all machines i was happy.
>>>
>>> In Vis studio 2005 i can't do this? Even when i make the div position
>>> absolute? Am i doing something wrong, is it not possible for the drag and
>>> drop layout method now? If so how do you create complex layouts?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Choosing Layout: Css-Layout or Table-Layout hpourfard@gmail.com ASP .Net 1 06-19-2006 10:06 AM
CSS Layout question - how to duplicate a table layout with CSS Eric ASP .Net 4 12-24-2004 04:54 PM
Oppinion regarding grid layout vs flow layout NWx ASP .Net 4 02-19-2004 08:56 PM
Converting from grid layout to flow layout. RobertH ASP .Net 1 11-04-2003 12:43 AM
DataList inside a Grid Layout Panel (<DIV>) item layout problem Rick Spiewak ASP .Net 3 08-26-2003 04:22 AM



Advertisments