Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Custom anonymous account

Custom anonymous account

Robert Scheer

Hi.

I playing with configuring a web server for learning purposes and have
some doubts.

I followed the Microsoft guidelines in order to create a custom account
for my asp.net site and I have this account set up for my application
pool under IIS 6.0.

When I open the windows Task Manager I see some entries for my custom
user and some other for the Network Services user. Since I have created
an account to replace the IUSR_Machine account, and have this account
set for my application pool, shouldn't the Network Service be out of
use?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer