Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > help!! can't open visual studio 2003 web project

help!! can't open visual studio 2003 web project

Elhanan

hi.. using windows xp sp2 ..

when i tried to open visual studio 2003 web project i got:

the web server reported the following error when attempting to create
or open the web project located at the following url
http:/localhost/... http:/1.1 400 bad request (the data is invalid)

this used to work, i tried using aspnet_iisreg -i but stilll the same
problem.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Do you have the FrontPage Server Extensions installed with your IIS? If not
you must have them installed as VS uses the FP Server Extensions to
communitate with the web server. You can add them using the Control panel |
Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components. It will be a sub-item
under IIS so you'll have to check the IIS details to get it. It's also best
to go to windowsupdate to ensure that there haven't been any updates to IIS
that were over-written by some part of the FP server extensions.

--

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

"Elhanan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> hi.. using windows xp sp2 ..
>
> when i tried to open visual studio 2003 web project i got:
>
> the web server reported the following error when attempting to create
> or open the web project located at the following url
> http:/localhost/... http:/1.1 400 bad request (the data is invalid)
>
> this used to work, i tried using aspnet_iisreg -i but stilll the same
> problem.

Elhanan

i do have FrontPage Exensions (i'll double check again) as this used to
work, could it be, it's becouse i installed a bluetooth device adapter
? (i removed the driver but i still get the problem).