Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Response.Redirect to a new Window in IE7

Response.Redirect to a new Window in IE7

Phillip Vong

Using VS2005 / ASP.NET 2 / VB.NET2

I know response.redirect (http://www.site.com) will take me to the site.
What do you add to this so it will redirect you to a new IE? Even better,
redirect to a new tab in IE7?

Phillip Vong

Never mind. I was just told it can not be done. I can only use the
Hyperlink control and set the target. This sucks because none of the targes
allow opening in a new IE7 tab.

"Phillip Vong" <phillip_vong*at*yahoo*dot*com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using VS2005 / ASP.NET 2 / VB.NET2
>
> I know response.redirect (http://www.site.com) will take me to the site.
> What do you add to this so it will redirect you to a new IE? Even better,
> redirect to a new tab in IE7?

Przemek Ptasznik

Phillip Vong napisał(a):
> Never mind. I was just told it can not be done. I can only use the
> Hyperlink control and set the target. This sucks because none of the targes
> allow opening in a new IE7 tab.

Isn't it just right way?
In the name of what you want to decide how user will watxh your site?
It's his decision and if he want it open in the same window, new window
or in new tab - let it be.
--
PP

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,

Phillip Vong wrote:
> Never mind. I was just told it can not be done. I can only use the
> Hyperlink control and set the target. This sucks because none of the targes
> allow opening in a new IE7 tab.

Actualy, it doesn't suck, it's a user setting. Your user has the right
to have preferences when it comes to many things, including where new
pages should be open. My personal preference is to open new pages in a
new tab, but others might have different taste.

HTH,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]