Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio development server listen interfaces

Visual Studio development server listen interfaces

thelemmings@gmail.com

Hi,

Is it possible to tell the integrated Visual Studio development web
server (used, for example, for debugging web services) to listen on
other network interfaces than localhost?

I develop my client application on another machine and would like to
test the service from there, unfortunately since the computer on which
I'm developing my web service only listens on localhost, the client
can't connect.

Luc
PS:I'm asking this because I would like to avoid installing IIS for the
time being

Rob Meade

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...

> Is it possible to tell the integrated Visual Studio development web
> server (used, for example, for debugging web services) to listen on
> other network interfaces than localhost?

What happens if you change your hosts file so that "localhost" goes to the
IP that you want to develop/listen on?

Rob

thelemmings@gmail.com

I use localhost for other things, so that's not really a solution,
plus, I'm really not sure that it's a clean way to resolve the problem

Thanks still