Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > calling aspx page from another system

calling aspx page from another system

a.mustaq@gmail.com

hi all,

I am working on network which doesnot have any server. I
have developed an asp.net application and i want it to open from other
sytem.I have typed "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser
of other system. Here "software" is my system name. The page is not
opening. Please help me in acheving this.

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> I am working on network which doesnot have any server.

What sort of network is it...?

> I have developed an asp.net application

What software did you use to develop it...?

> and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
> "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.

And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

> Here "software" is my system name.

But does the other machine know that...?

How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?

Are you using DNS? If not, do you have an entry in the other machine's hosts
file so that it knows which machine 'software' is...?

a.mustaq@gmail.com

yes we are using DNS

On Jan 18, 4:01 pm, "Mark Rae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com...
>
> > I am working on network which doesnot have any server.What sort of network is it...?

> > I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to develop it...?

> > and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
> > "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

> > Here "software" is my system name.But does the other machine know that...?

> How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?
>
> Are you using DNS? If not, do you have an entry in the other machine's hosts
> file so that it knows which machine 'software' is...?

a.mustaq@gmail.com

I am using asp.net. Systems connect each other thru DNS.Th ebrowser
shows"page is nnot found"

On Jan 18, 4:01 pm, "Mark Rae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com...
>
> > I am working on network which doesnot have any server.What sort of network is it...?

> > I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to develop it...?

> C# and asp.net
> > and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
> > "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

> > Here "software" is my system name.But does the other machine know that...?.Yes , we are able to open physical files,

> How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?
> we r using DNS
> Are you using DNS? If not, do you have an entry in the other machine's hosts
> file so that it knows which machine 'software' is...?

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> yes we are using DNS

OK, but are you going to answer my other questions too...?

On Jan 18, 4:21 pm, "Mark Rae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com...
>
> > yes we are using DNSOK, but are you going to answer my other questions too...?

> > I am working on network which doesnot have any server.What sort of network is it...?

> i don't any idea,what type of network it is.

> > I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to develop it...?

>C# and asp.net

> > and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
> > "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?

>page can't be found

> > Here "software" is my system name.But does the other machine know that...?

> yes, we can open physical files.

> How do the machines on your network communicate? Can they ping each other?

thru DNS

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>> I have developed an asp.net applicationWhat software did you use to
>> develop it...?

>C# and asp.net

OK so, presumably, this is Visual Studio.NET 2005...?

>> and i want it to open from other sytem.I have typed
>> "hhtp://software/web1/default.aspx" in the browser of other system.And
>> what happened when you did that...? What did the browser display...?
>> page can't be found

So do you actually have a webserver running on the 'software' machine, or is
VS.NET using its own internal webserver a.k.a. Cassini...?

George Ter-Saakov

Most likely it's firewall. It's installed and turned on by default.
So you need to enable HTTP service.
If you have some sort of antivirus (Symantec for example) it can block the
access from the network as well.

George.