Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Deployment Projects

Web Deployment Projects

Otis Mukinfus

I'm trying to use the Enable Web.config file section replace ment option, but
can't seem to get it to work.

Here is a sample of the section I put in a file named 'ConnectionString.config'.

<connectionStrings>
<add name="SomeConnectionString" connectionString="Data
Source=SomeDataSource;Initial Catalog=SomeCatalog;Persist Security
Info=True;User ID=AUser;Password=APassword"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

Here is the section in the config file I'm trying to replace:

<connectionStrings configSource="ConnectionString.config">
</connectionStrings>

When I run the deployment projects compile I get the following error:

Error 103 web.config(1): error WDP00002: missing section ConnectionStrings.

Of course in the documentation there is no example of how external file should
be.

Can anyone help with this?
Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus