Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Migrating to ASP.NET 2.0

Migrating to ASP.NET 2.0

shuhed.khan@googlemail.com

Having problem running web application when setting it to run from
Visual Studio Development Server. I get CustomPrinciple error. I would
appreciate if anyone encounter this problem can kindly share me their
views and any solutions.

Shuhed

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

> I get CustomPrinciple error.

Please supply the *precise* error message...

shuhed.khan@googlemail.com

Hi Mark,

Here is the error i get:

Type is not resolved for member
'IDPMWeb.Components.Security.CustomPrincipal,IDPMW eb,
Version=1.8.4.31280, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptio n:
Type is not resolved for member
'IDPMWeb.Components.Security.CustomPrincipal,IDPMW eb,
Version=1.8.4.31280, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member
'IDPMWeb.Components.Security.CustomPrincipal,IDPMW eb,
Version=1.8.4.31280, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Connection.ReadRequ estBytes(Int32
maxBytes) +0
Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Request.ReadEntityB ody(Byte[] buffer,
Int32 size) +73
System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +560
System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +56
System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +264
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +65
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +57
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Bool ean
dontReturnNull) +2025201
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +60
+133

I would really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Mark Rae wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> > I get CustomPrinciple error.

> Please supply the *precise* error message...

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Here is the error i get:

> current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of
> the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

> I would really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Firstly, you need to use exception handling in your code i.e. try...catch

Then, step through the code in debug mode until you find the line which
throws the exception - then you'll know what the problem is...

Migrating from Mozilla to Firefox Daniel Prince Firefox 1 12-11-2004 04:47 AM
migrating thunderbird to a new installation - how? sam Firefox 2 11-29-2004 01:33 AM
migrating passwords? Ken Wald Firefox 0 10-31-2004 03:53 AM
Help migrating to thunderbird from Mozilla eliot Firefox 2 08-27-2004 07:01 PM
Thunderbird file sharing & migrating/remoting data-mine@else-wh.ere Firefox 0 04-30-2004 03:50 AM

Advertisments