Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2801 + Etherswitch + DSL + Cable modem config problem

Cisco 2801 + Etherswitch + DSL + Cable modem config problem

tuyo

I just recieved a Cisco 2801 which is came with 2 4-port etherswitch
HWIC cards, and i'm trying to configure it. Since I'm not a well
versed cisco person (now the basics though), i need some help in
knowing if what i'm trying to do is possible. So here are the
parameters.

A. My DSL provider gives me a network bridge which has 1 ethernet port,
and they provide me with 4 static IP addresses 66.88.88.166/24.

B. My Cable provider gives me 4 DHCP addresses, and a cable modem with
1 ethernet port.

C. My local network is spread through a hub, typical 192.168.0.x/24

I'd like my setup to be able to use ALL 8 IP addresses for internet,
and route outbound using the cable addresses, as well as recieve
inbound traffic for my mail server, dns server etc. So here how i have
things connected.

[ Cisco 2801 ]
[dsl isp ]<---->[DSLBrige ]<-cat5->[ 4 port etherswitch ]
[cable isp]<---->[cablemodem]<-cat5->[ 4 port etherswitch ]
[ ]
local network
[ built in port 0/1 ]<--->[hub
192.x/24]

All cables are good and working, ports are up/up

My question is: is what i'm trying to do even possible?

I've noticed a few folks talking about Vlans, but i'm not sure exactly
how that would be done etc.

Any help would be appreciated.