Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to encrypt/decrypt pdf files programmatically?

How to encrypt/decrypt pdf files programmatically?

Martin Eckart

Hello,

I have an asp.net 1.1 application which is opening .pdf files and shows them
to users. The .pdf files are sitting on a file share and they need to be
encrypted. Encryption requirement is not that high, if it would be .net 2.0
it would be ok to use System.IO.File.Encrypt. But since it is 1.1 I am
little bit lost.

Is there a way to use any symmetric algorithm like Rijndael for that? As far
as I understand those methods are only useful if you have a string to
encrypt?

Thanks very much, higly appreciated!

Martin

Aidy

You can use something like this

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...eprovider.aspx

Update the code to get the bytes from your file rather than a string.

"Martin Eckart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have an asp.net 1.1 application which is opening .pdf files and shows
> them to users. The .pdf files are sitting on a file share and they need to
> be encrypted. Encryption requirement is not that high, if it would be .net
> 2.0 it would be ok to use System.IO.File.Encrypt. But since it is 1.1 I am
> little bit lost.
>
> Is there a way to use any symmetric algorithm like Rijndael for that? As
> far as I understand those methods are only useful if you have a string to
> encrypt?
>
> Thanks very much, higly appreciated!
>
> Martin

Martin Eckart