Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Long running process in ASP.net page

Long running process in ASP.net page

cabreram@nasd.com

Hi,

I have an ASP.net page that takes over an hour to execute.

After the page has been running for 60 minutes, I get a Page Cannot Be
Displayed error. I have set the session timeout and execution/script
timeout to > 60 minutes.

This error occurs in IE 6 and 7, but the page executes without a
problem in Firefox.

I realize that it is not ideal to have a page execute for over an hour,
and that their are other alternatives, but I would like to know what is
actually causing the error.

Is it an IE setting that can be changed or something else?

Thanks,
Mike

koniki.rajesh@gmail.com

On Jan 11, 8:02 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an ASP.net page that takes over an hour to execute.
>
> After the page has been running for 60 minutes, I get a Page Cannot Be
> Displayed error. I have set the session timeout and execution/script
> timeout to > 60 minutes.
>
> This error occurs in IE 6 and 7, but the page executes without a
> problem in Firefox.
>
> I realize that it is not ideal to have a page execute for over an hour,
> and that their are other alternatives, but I would like to know what is
> actually causing the error.
>
> Is it an IE setting that can be changed or something else?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

I think in firefox also u will get "Document contain No data" alert
after 60 minutes, but still it will works with out any execution.(No
progress).

Do u got the result on firefox after 60 minutes for the same
application?.