Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session restarting for every page

Session restarting for every page

GD

I have an ASP .Net 1.1 app where I am trying to store some values in a
session object. The problem I am encountering is that the Session appears to
restart for every page loaded and also for every page refresh.

I have enableSessionState="true" set in the page directive of each of the
pages affected and the web.config file has the following entry

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data
source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>

I also have an issue with Cookies in that they refuse to be saved (yes, the
expiry date is being set). I was under the impression that it could be
Internet Explorer's cookie settings but even if I allow all cookies from all
sites the problem persists.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks

Gary Dunne

bruce barker

try deleting all your cookies (in IE).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

GD wrote:
> I have an ASP .Net 1.1 app where I am trying to store some values in a
> session object. The problem I am encountering is that the Session appears to
> restart for every page loaded and also for every page refresh.
>
> I have enableSessionState="true" set in the page directive of each of the
> pages affected and the web.config file has the following entry
>
> <sessionState
> mode="InProc"
> stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
> sqlConnectionString="data
> source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
> cookieless="false"
> timeout="20"
> />
>
> I also have an issue with Cookies in that they refuse to be saved (yes, the
> expiry date is being set). I was under the impression that it could be
> Internet Explorer's cookie settings but even if I allow all cookies from all
> sites the problem persists.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary Dunne

GD

Thanks but .... problem solved .... Zonealarm was running, just turned if
off and everything is fine now.

Gary

news:(E-Mail Removed)...