Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > confused myself

confused myself

leonaisse

Hi All

I need your help please, i've been thinking about this one for so long I
have confused myself!

I have a web app that contains a clients table in SQL server.

When a new client is entered onto the system I want to take all the usual
details(already complete) and on the next page I have 135 questions which
could warrant a yes, no or not asked answer and store the answers to the 135
questions in a DB table linked to the customer.

What is the quickest way for me to code this page and the best DB structure
to do this. I have the 135 questions in a DB table also.

Thanks

Leon

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If, and only if, you are sure there will only be 135 questions, you can code
a single table with all 135 questions as different fields. As it is
difficult to guarantee no further questions will ever be added, unless you
are in 100% control, a better option is something like this

Table 1 = Questions
QuestionID
QuestionText

Table 2 = User_Question
User_QuestionID
QuestionID
UserID
AnswerText

This allows you to alter the number of questions, esp. if the delivery of
the questions is dynamic.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
"leonaisse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I need your help please, i've been thinking about this one for so long I
> have confused myself!
>
> I have a web app that contains a clients table in SQL server.
>
> When a new client is entered onto the system I want to take all the usual
> details(already complete) and on the next page I have 135 questions which
> could warrant a yes, no or not asked answer and store the answers to the
> 135 questions in a DB table linked to the customer.
>
> What is the quickest way for me to code this page and the best DB
> structure to do this. I have the 135 questions in a DB table also.
>
> Thanks
>
> Leon

Getting myself confused Jon ASP .Net Security 0 02-13-2007 02:25 PM
Can not ping myself, but can ping others =?Utf-8?B?V0pQQw==?= Wireless Networking 6 12-26-2004 05:56 AM
CISCO by myself esara Cisco 2 05-06-2004 04:25 AM
Something for newbies (like myself) to consider kpg MCSE 36 04-03-2004 12:28 AM
Myself!!!! Robert Microsoft Certification 3 11-30-2003 12:46 PM

Advertisments