Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WebSite DLL?

WebSite DLL?

PP

Hi

I have a .NET Website (v2, FileMode) that calls a .NET DLL to load an
Assembly (all .NET), which works most of the time.

The problem is that when I call this method to load the WebSite
Assembly, it throws an error saying:
"Could not load file or assembly 'WebApp' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified."

I am using the "Assembly.Load" to load the assembly but cannot find it.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

I looked in the BIN direct to locate the DLL but cannot find it.

Thanks

Paul.

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,

PP wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a .NET Website (v2, FileMode) that calls a .NET DLL to load an
> Assembly (all .NET), which works most of the time.
>
> The problem is that when I call this method to load the WebSite
> Assembly, it throws an error saying:
> "Could not load file or assembly 'WebApp' or one of its dependencies.
> The system cannot find the file specified."
>
> I am using the "Assembly.Load" to load the assembly but cannot find it.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?
>
> I looked in the BIN direct to locate the DLL but cannot find it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul.

It sounds like you're using the new "website" model. You should try the
Web Application Project add-on. Caution: It's included in VS2005 SP1, so
you must uninstall the add-on if you install SP1.

http://webproject.scottgu.com/

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]

setting up website inside a website sck10 ASP .Net 1 04-13-2006 09:18 PM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM
how to reinstall website when the name of the website changed. A Leon HTML 4 03-04-2004 07:44 AM
Update website via website? Adrian Wood HTML 13 02-25-2004 11:32 PM

Advertisments