Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > what's a .src file?

what's a .src file?

David

Hi,

i saw a file with extension 'src' (file.aspx.src).
What kind of file is that (when is it necessary) and how to create it?

Thanks
David

Patrice

Never saw this one.

Where have you seen this ? Could it be just a "placeholder" as source code
files are using file.aspx.cs or file.aspx.vb depending on the language for
source code behind files ?

"David" <.> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Hi,
>
> i saw a file with extension 'src' (file.aspx.src).
> What kind of file is that (when is it necessary) and how to create it?
>
> Thanks
> David

David

Hi,

You must be right.
I show you the content of one: (shopping.aspx.src)

Shopping Cart:ShoppingCart.ascx
Cart Code: app_Code\Shopping.vb

But what's the advantage of this, and how to create it (manually) ?

"Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> schreef in bericht
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Never saw this one.
>
> Where have you seen this ? Could it be just a "placeholder" as source code
> files are using file.aspx.cs or file.aspx.vb depending on the language for
> source code behind files ?
>

> "David" <.> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> i saw a file with extension 'src' (file.aspx.src).
>> What kind of file is that (when is it necessary) and how to create it?
>>
>> Thanks
>> David

Patrice

IMO this is something like what is done for the QuickStart tutorials :
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/.

If you click on one of the "View Source" link you'll see a "code viewer"
that let you see the underlying source code files for this particular
sample. The file list is likely taken from a companion ".src" file (as you
can see from the URL).

So IMO your .src files are similar. That is they are not really "ASP.NET
files". They are just data files that are used by a "source code viewer"
that is likely integrated in your starter kit...

Patrice

"David" <.> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> You must be right.
> I show you the content of one: (shopping.aspx.src)
>
> Shopping Cart:ShoppingCart.ascx
> Cart Code: app_Code\Shopping.vb
>
> But what's the advantage of this, and how to create it (manually) ?
>

> "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> schreef in bericht
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Never saw this one.
>>
>> Where have you seen this ? Could it be just a "placeholder" as source
>> code files are using file.aspx.cs or file.aspx.vb depending on the
>> language for source code behind files ?
>>

>> "David" <.> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> (E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i saw a file with extension 'src' (file.aspx.src).
>>> What kind of file is that (when is it necessary) and how to create it?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> David

David

Thanks