Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: registerstartupscript popup fails

Re: registerstartupscript popup fails

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I've seen problems like this before, it had to do with the popup blocker
still active even if it claimed it wasn't. Try re-enabling and then
disabling the pop-up blocker. If you can uninstall, that would be good also.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

"dchman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Experts!
>
> I inherited an asp.net 2003 application to perform some modifications. On
> one page, the user clicks a button and a report pops up. The code uses
> Page.RegisterStartupScript("PopupScript", strPopupScript). I was able to
> load the code on a laptop running windows xp with IE6 browser. the data
> for
> the report is obtained through a VPN connection to a remote database.
>
> I was trying to load the code on a desktop inside a virtual machine
> running
> windows xp with IE7 as the browser (popups enabled). The code seems to
> run
> fine, but when the Page.RegisterStartupScript("PopupScript",
> strPopupScript)
> fires, the report popsup briefly then closes. No errors or messages
> appear.
> Any ideas on what is happening and how to correct the popup behaviour?
>
> thanks
>
> -
> -
> dchman

=?Utf-8?B?ZGNobWFu?=

It was too obvious to see. The popup calls a pdf report. I had not
installed an acrobat reader on my virtual PC. thanks for the help.
--
dchman