Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > OT: Looking for a good, free and simple XHTML editor

OT: Looking for a good, free and simple XHTML editor

Tomasz

Hi Everybody!

I am looking for some good, free and *simple* xml/xhtml editor I could
recommend my students. Yes, I know about Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
Edition, but I mean *simple*. I teach an introductory class and most of my
students would be overwhelmed.

Thanks for any hints,
TJ

Juan T. Llibre

Havre you tried googling for "xhtml editor" ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22xhtml+editor%22

Lots of editors there, and some are quite lightweight.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Tomasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I am looking for some good, free and *simple* xml/xhtml editor I could
> recommend my students. Yes, I know about Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
> Edition, but I mean *simple*. I teach an introductory class and most of my
> students would be overwhelmed.
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> TJ

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Tomasz,

As Juan said, you can find quite a lot reference about XHTML editor over
internet. Just google it and get some:

http://www.newfreedownloads.com/find/xhtml-editor.html

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/d...itor_software/

http://xstandard.com/

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Tomasz

Thank you for the advice. However, my question was directed to those who
know.

Googling, installing and testing takes a lot time. It may seem like there is
lot of stuff out there but trust me, yesterday I spend 4 hours I found
nothing free and acceptable.

Tomasz

mank1327

Notepad++ is a good, free multi-language text editor that will apply syntax
highlighting. It's lightweight and pretty easy to figure out.
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

---

Sorry if I've double-posted. I sent this link earlier, but I'm using the
Live Mail Desktop Beta for the first time, and I can't really say where the
original post went, if anywhere at all.

Rick

I highly recommend Altova XMLSpy.

You can edit virtually any well formed xml, do transformations and much
more.

They have a free version that has an add popup when opening, but one button
click and you're off and running.

Rick

"Tomasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I am looking for some good, free and *simple* xml/xhtml editor I could
> recommend my students. Yes, I know about Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
> Edition, but I mean *simple*. I teach an introductory class and most of my
> students would be overwhelmed.
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> TJ

Tomasz

I used to use this product before but it seems like it is no longer
available for download and currently they only offer 30-day trial.

Tomasz

news:eRYHF$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I highly recommend Altova XMLSpy.
>
> You can edit virtually any well formed xml, do transformations and much
> more.
>
> They have a free version that has an add popup when opening, but one
> button click and you're off and running.
>
> Rick
>
> "Tomasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Everybody!
>>
>> I am looking for some good, free and *simple* xml/xhtml editor I could
>> recommend my students. Yes, I know about Visual Web Developer 2005
>> Express
>> Edition, but I mean *simple*. I teach an introductory class and most of
>> my
>> students would be overwhelmed.
>>
>> Thanks for any hints,
>> TJ

clintonG

I use NotePad+ and I concur its the best I've used over the years but as for
the so-called "teacher" I'd say he shows himselfs to be lazy and incompetent
so why even bother? I pity the students.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-...8&z=17&l=0&m=h

"mank1327" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Notepad++ is a good, free multi-language text editor that will apply
> syntax highlighting. It's lightweight and pretty easy to figure out.
> http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
>
> ---
>
> Sorry if I've double-posted. I sent this link earlier, but I'm using the
> Live Mail Desktop Beta for the first time, and I can't really say where
> the original post went, if anywhere at all.

Tomasz

Although I value every opinion, I would like to point out that voluntarily
posting baseless personal comments to the Usenet indicates the lowest level
of professionalism.

Tomasz

news:(E-Mail Removed)...