Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTML Decoding

HTML Decoding

Uriah Piddle

Hi Gang,

I have text that I am putting into a label that has been custom formatted by
a text editor and looks like this:

Some outside text <crl>Some inside text</clr> Some outside text

How can I map this to an item in a CSS file so that I can use it to format
the 'Some inside text' portion of the text?

Thanks.

Steve

John Timney \(MVP\)

Well I dont think you can map it to CSS without changing it to something CSS
can identify against. So, before you add the text to the label do a string
replace on the crl so it becomes a DIV and manipulate the DIV as you would
any div from CSS. Of course you'll need to close the DIV correctly also.

So:
Some outside text <crl>Some inside text</clr> Some outside text
becomes
Some outside text <div class="crl">Some inside text</div> Some outside text

--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Uriah Piddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Gang,
>
> I have text that I am putting into a label that has been custom formatted
> by a text editor and looks like this:
>
> Some outside text <crl>Some inside text</clr> Some outside text
>
> How can I map this to an item in a CSS file so that I can use it to format
> the 'Some inside text' portion of the text?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve

Uriah Piddle

Thanks John.

news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...

C++ HTMl Encoding/Decoding Library tushar.saxena@gmail.com C++ 5 12-05-2007 12:12 AM
decoding html in java IgorD Java 2 01-20-2006 09:27 PM
valide html - Encoding/Decoding rabby Python 2 12-20-2005 07:30 AM
decoding html ulrice jardin Python 1 07-22-2005 05:20 PM
Decoding HTML entities Anuj ASP General 0 07-24-2003 08:56 AM

Advertisments