Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Posting data to another application in ASP.NET 2.0

Posting data to another application in ASP.NET 2.0

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I have a form with several buttons, and I need to post this data to several
different applications. In ASP.NET 1.1 it was quite easy - I just used HTML
controls (text or hidden), then assigned the action to each button on
Page_Load event:

Me.ibPayWM.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"noPostBack('https://merchant.webmoney.ru/lmi/payment.asp');")
Me.ibPayRx.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"noPostBack('https://www.roboxchange.com/ssl/calc.asp');")
Me.ibPayRupay.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"noPostBack('http://www.rupay.com/rupay/pay/index.php');")

I thought that in ASP.NET 2.0 this should be even much easier, because each
button has PostBackUrl property. However, it seems that I can use this
property to post data only within my application, because the page I'm
posting data to has to use PreviousPage property.

The method I was using in ASP.NET 1.1 also doesn't seem to be working, for
some reason I'm posting data to the same page.

So now I'm stuck - how to post the data to another application in ASP.NET
2.0?

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Why the x-posting?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a form with several buttons, and I need to post this data to
> several different applications. In ASP.NET 1.1 it was quite easy - I just
> used HTML controls (text or hidden), then assigned the action to each
> button on Page_Load event:
>
> Me.ibPayWM.Attributes.Add("onclick",
> "noPostBack('https://merchant.webmoney.ru/lmi/payment.asp');")
> Me.ibPayRx.Attributes.Add("onclick",
> "noPostBack('https://www.roboxchange.com/ssl/calc.asp');")
> Me.ibPayRupay.Attributes.Add("onclick",
> "noPostBack('http://www.rupay.com/rupay/pay/index.php');")
>
> I thought that in ASP.NET 2.0 this should be even much easier, because
> each button has PostBackUrl property. However, it seems that I can use
> this property to post data only within my application, because the page
> I'm posting data to has to use PreviousPage property.
>
> The method I was using in ASP.NET 1.1 also doesn't seem to be working, for
> some reason I'm posting data to the same page.
>
> So now I'm stuck - how to post the data to another application in ASP.NET
> 2.0?
>
> I would appreciate your advice.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Alvin, what do you mean - why?

I have a form with several buttons and I have to post this data to the
different applications. I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

Thank you,

Peter

"Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <some guy without an email address> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why the x-posting?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney
> Shameless author plug
> Excel Services for .NET is coming...
> OWC Black book on Amazon and
> www.lulu.com/owc
>
> "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a form with several buttons, and I need to post this data to
>> several different applications. In ASP.NET 1.1 it was quite easy - I just
>> used HTML controls (text or hidden), then assigned the action to each
>> button on Page_Load event:
>>
>> Me.ibPayWM.Attributes.Add("onclick",
>> "noPostBack('https://merchant.webmoney.ru/lmi/payment.asp');")
>> Me.ibPayRx.Attributes.Add("onclick",
>> "noPostBack('https://www.roboxchange.com/ssl/calc.asp');")
>> Me.ibPayRupay.Attributes.Add("onclick",
>> "noPostBack('http://www.rupay.com/rupay/pay/index.php');")
>>
>> I thought that in ASP.NET 2.0 this should be even much easier, because
>> each button has PostBackUrl property. However, it seems that I can use
>> this property to post data only within my application, because the page
>> I'm posting data to has to use PreviousPage property.
>>
>> The method I was using in ASP.NET 1.1 also doesn't seem to be working,
>> for some reason I'm posting data to the same page.
>>
>> So now I'm stuck - how to post the data to another application in ASP.NET
>> 2.0?
>>
>> I would appreciate your advice.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> --
>> Peter Afonin

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You posted this to at least two newsgroups, you only need to post a question
to one newsgroup.

If you post to a page using 'https://merchant.webmoney.ru/lmi/payment.asp'
i'm not sure why it would not go to that page. What error are you seeing?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
Shameless author plug
Excel Services for .NET is coming...
OWC Black book on Amazon and
www.lulu.com/owc

"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alvin, what do you mean - why?
>
> I have a form with several buttons and I have to post this data to the
> different applications. I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Peter
>

> "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <some guy without an email address> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why the x-posting?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Alvin Bruney
>> Shameless author plug
>> Excel Services for .NET is coming...
>> OWC Black book on Amazon and
>> www.lulu.com/owc
>>
>> "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a form with several buttons, and I need to post this data to
>>> several different applications. In ASP.NET 1.1 it was quite easy - I
>>> just used HTML controls (text or hidden), then assigned the action to
>>> each button on Page_Load event:
>>>
>>> Me.ibPayWM.Attributes.Add("onclick",
>>> "noPostBack('https://merchant.webmoney.ru/lmi/payment.asp');")
>>> Me.ibPayRx.Attributes.Add("onclick",
>>> "noPostBack('https://www.roboxchange.com/ssl/calc.asp');")
>>> Me.ibPayRupay.Attributes.Add("onclick",
>>> "noPostBack('http://www.rupay.com/rupay/pay/index.php');")
>>>
>>> I thought that in ASP.NET 2.0 this should be even much easier, because
>>> each button has PostBackUrl property. However, it seems that I can use
>>> this property to post data only within my application, because the page
>>> I'm posting data to has to use PreviousPage property.
>>>
>>> The method I was using in ASP.NET 1.1 also doesn't seem to be working,
>>> for some reason I'm posting data to the same page.
>>>
>>> So now I'm stuck - how to post the data to another application in
>>> ASP.NET 2.0?
>>>
>>> I would appreciate your advice.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Alvin, as I found out later, it actually works. But it doesn't work if I use
Master page. I've tried different combinations, tried to play with forms -
cannot figure out how to use it. I'm either getting error that that Form1
is null or
not an object, or go to the desired page, but without any data posted.

Thanks,