Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VWIC-1MFT-T1 and splitting voice (Callmanager) and Data (Frame Relay)

VWIC-1MFT-T1 and splitting voice (Callmanager) and Data (Frame Relay)

jaarons@hotmail.com

I'm still new to the VWIC-1MFT-T1, but I understand my customer can
order a combo T1 from ITC DeltaCom (US Telco) where I can get 6
channels voice (configured as H.323 for Callmanager) and 8 channels
data (512k Frame Relay) and split them out inside the 2800 ISR with the
MFT card.

Another engineer suggested I needed the WVIC-2MFT-T1-DI but I thought
that was only if I had an older PBX and wanted to provide a PRI to that
(according to the CCO docs on DI (Drop/Insert).

-jason

thrill5

You are correct. The Drop/Insert is used if you want to send the voice
channels to a device other than the router, such as a PBX.

Scott
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...