Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > "look access to router config"

"look access to router config"

Adam Landas

I'd like to setup a user with access to just look, but not touch our
router's config. Is this possible to create an account that will let
him do a "sh run"?

Andrej Brkic

On 2005-03-30, Adam Landas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'd like to setup a user with access to just look, but not touch our
> router's config. Is this possible to create an account that will let
> him do a "sh run"?

sh runn with defined user priv levels is a bit tricky to configure since
configuration commands must be at or below user defined privilege level.
You could have something like this:

username user1 privilege 5 password 0 user1
privilege exec level 5 show configuration

This will enable user1 to issue show conf and view the entire config, but
sh runn will give an empty config listing for reasons mentioned above.
Also if you are using aaa new you must configure proper exec authorization
since without it privilege levels defined in local usernames will be ignored.

--
Andrej Brkic
E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)