Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WYSIWYG Editor for full page editing

WYSIWYG Editor for full page editing

Eric

I'm currently building a small application that needs to fully edit an
HTML page.

I had stopped my choice on a control on the FreeTextBox editor and
started to work with it. However, I found that when editing an HTML
page, it is removing anything that is higher than the <body> tag and
also removes the <script> tags.

I need those to be saved back when I make a change. Also it would be
cool to change some of the things in the header too.

I haven't found anything yet. Is someone already got this problem and
found a workaround or found another control ?

Thanks

gerry

FckEditor has the option to do full page editing preserving the entire page
contents

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> I'm currently building a small application that needs to fully edit an
> HTML page.
>
> I had stopped my choice on a control on the FreeTextBox editor and
> started to work with it. However, I found that when editing an HTML
> page, it is removing anything that is higher than the <body> tag and
> also removes the <script> tags.
>
> I need those to be saved back when I make a change. Also it would be
> cool to change some of the things in the header too.
>
> I haven't found anything yet. Is someone already got this problem and
> found a workaround or found another control ?
>
> Thanks

Eric

Thx Gerry for your reply,

I did tried FCKEditor, however he was working a bit bad with css
stylesheets. Is it an option that I need to turn in to make it work ?

gerry wrote:
> FckEditor has the option to do full page editing preserving the entire page
> contents
>

> "Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> > I'm currently building a small application that needs to fully edit an
> > HTML page.
> >
> > I had stopped my choice on a control on the FreeTextBox editor and
> > started to work with it. However, I found that when editing an HTML
> > page, it is removing anything that is higher than the <body> tag and
> > also removes the <script> tags.
> >
> > I need those to be saved back when I make a change. Also it would be
> > cool to change some of the things in the header too.
> >
> > I haven't found anything yet. Is someone already got this problem and
> > found a workaround or found another control ?
> >
> > Thanks

gerry

full page editing is a selectable option that is not turned on by default
i beleive that the editor even supports 'non-editable' zones embedded within
the editable content

if you don't see these features in your installation then you probably need
to download the latest release.

Gerry

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...