Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to detect return value from stored procedure used by a Details

How to detect return value from stored procedure used by a Details

=?Utf-8?B?QmlzaG95?=

Hi all,
I have an asp.net 2.0 web site with a DetailsView control to select and
insert data from database.
I made the insert statement for that DetailsView by a stored procedure.
I made some logic in the stored procedure so it returns a value in certain
cases.
How to detect the return value from that stored procedure that is used by
the DetailsView control.

Many Thanks,
Bishoy

Mark Fitzpatrick

You need to add pass a parameter to your code that talks to the stored
procedure. This parameter is always the first one (position 0 in the array).
This is always an integer value. The name of the parameter should always be
@return_value.

--

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick