Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can't refresh Menu control

Can't refresh Menu control

Osamede.Zhang

I writed a sqlserverProvider for Menu webcontrol,
but why the menu don't refresh
when i update sitemap table stored in database.
there are no data cached and
cache.count=0
What happend?
how should I do to refresh munu if the data in sitemap table changed.

Julian Mack

You can use a SQL cache dependency to check when the table is updated.

I have found a couple of good articles about this. SQL Server 2005 is
best as you can specify a refresh when the results of a query change,
rather than just the contents of an entire table.

http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/32223/1954?pf=true seems to cover
most of points. It enabled me to get a working dependency set up.