Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio 2005 Upgrade Question

Visual Studio 2005 Upgrade Question

Goofy

I bought VS2003 in 2003 of course

Now I want to upgrade but I was wondering when you install an upgrade if it

A.) Requires that VS2003 be already installed

B.) Overwrites it or allows side by side operation.

Cheers

--
Goofy

Hans Kesting

> I bought VS2003 in 2003 of course
>
> Now I want to upgrade but I was wondering when you install an upgrade if it
>
> A.) Requires that VS2003 be already installed
>
> B.) Overwrites it or allows side by side operation.
>
> Cheers

I don't have an *upgrade* (so maybe that works differently) but
currently I have both VS2003 and VS2005 running on the same machine.

Hans Kesting

Goofy

Thanks, in the meantime I asked directly of microsoft and they told me that
for side by side, a full boxed product is required.

"Hans Kesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I bought VS2003 in 2003 of course
>>
>> Now I want to upgrade but I was wondering when you install an upgrade if
>> it
>>
>> A.) Requires that VS2003 be already installed
>>
>> B.) Overwrites it or allows side by side operation.
>>
>> Cheers

> I don't have an *upgrade* (so maybe that works differently) but currently
> I have both VS2003 and VS2005 running on the same machine.
>
> Hans Kesting

Norman Yuan

With .NET and corresponding VS, "upgrade" means you are eligible to buy
VS2005 with upgrade price (not the full price) if you are lisenced VS2003
user. However, the product (VS2005) should be a full one that does not
require VS2003, or does not care if you have VS 2003 installed. The two is
complete seperate products and to be installed in their own folder by
default, and do not affect each other.

"Goofy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought VS2003 in 2003 of course
>
> Now I want to upgrade but I was wondering when you install an upgrade if
> it
>
> A.) Requires that VS2003 be already installed
>
> B.) Overwrites it or allows side by side operation.
>

> Cheers
>

> --
> Goofy

Goofy