Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Deplyement Help Please

Deplyement Help Please

NW Technicals

Hello Folks,
Sorry for a begineer question
I have developed a ASP.NET 2.0 applicaiton. Now I need to deploy this.
But I would like to compile and give rather than giving ASP pages so that my
code is for one not tampered with and secondly protects my rights of
ownership

I am using VS 2005, How do I build a DLL or exe for this webapp

How to find where compilition is going and understand this process

Regards,
Sridhar

Jacob

ASP.NET doesn't precompile, but you can create a dll that has classes
that inherit from the Page class and create your page in them.
Afterwards your pages can just inherit these classes. It's the same
system as for ASP.NET 1.1 but is not extremely practical. The resulting
page will always be accessible, and the source pages will only be
available to your clients, with whom I guess you have an IP protection
clause in your contract - if not charge more money.

NW Technicals wrote:
> Hello Folks,
> Sorry for a begineer question
> I have developed a ASP.NET 2.0 applicaiton. Now I need to deploy this.
> But I would like to compile and give rather than giving ASP pages so that my
> code is for one not tampered with and secondly protects my rights of
> ownership
>
> I am using VS 2005, How do I build a DLL or exe for this webapp
>
> How to find where compilition is going and understand this process
>
> Regards,
> Sridhar

Eliyahu Goldin

Sridhar,

You need to migrate to the web application project mode. Start from here:

Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx

Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Option
http://webproject.scottgu.com/Default.aspx

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

"NW Technicals" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Folks,
> Sorry for a begineer question
> I have developed a ASP.NET 2.0 applicaiton. Now I need to deploy this.
> But I would like to compile and give rather than giving ASP pages so that
> my code is for one not tampered with and secondly protects my rights of
> ownership
>
> I am using VS 2005, How do I build a DLL or exe for this webapp
>
> How to find where compilition is going and understand this process
>
> Regards,
> Sridhar

remi

You can use aspnet_compile command and then deploy the pre-compiled dll.