Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > If I use the WAP add-on, can I not use GridView paging and sorting?

If I use the WAP add-on, can I not use GridView paging and sorting?

Chris S

I'm using the WAP add-on for VS2005, and I keep my static methods (which
crank out DataSets for GridViews), within a "DataAccess" folder. There is
no "app_Code" folder.

It seems like VS2005 will not let me point to these methods as a data source
for my GridViews- even if I try to manually define them. It also looks like
I can't do automatic paging with the GridView.

Is the WAP add-on be incompatible with these improved (GridView) features in
VS2005?

Do I need to manually implement binding and paging (and I'm assuming
sorting)?

If there is a way I can expose my static methods to ObjectDataSource
directly, that would be very helpful.