Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Enable audio recording on my webpage

Enable audio recording on my webpage

rockdale

Hi, all:

I need to implement a recording functionality on my asp.net webpage.
the rough idea is user click a button, then I start recording what the
user speaked and then save it as a wave file on server side.
I did some research on web but found only
Microsoft.Web.UI.SpeechControls. Is that the right way to do what I
want to do. I am pretty new on speech controls. Any suggestion and more
info are appreeciated.

Thanks a lot
-rockdale

rockdale

Is the activeX means that non-IE web browser users can not use this
functionality?

I am wondering how those push-to-talk customer service web site work?

Thanks

Peter wrote:
> The problem you have with this is that whatever you expose to the user in
> their browser is strictly client-side, so it would have to be an ActiveX
> control hosted in the web page. You may be able to find some out there. The
> control would need to HTTP POST the recorded file to your server where it
> would be deposited on the fileSystem.
> Peter

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> UnBlog:
> http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
>

> "rockdale" wrote:
>
> > Hi, all:
> >
> > I need to implement a recording functionality on my asp.net webpage.
> > the rough idea is user click a button, then I start recording what the
> > user speaked and then save it as a wave file on server side.
> > I did some research on web but found only
> > Microsoft.Web.UI.SpeechControls. Is that the right way to do what I
> > want to do. I am pretty new on speech controls. Any suggestion and more
> > info are appreeciated.
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> > -rockdale

Mark Rae

"rockdale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Is the activeX means that non-IE web browser users can not use this
> functionality?

Yes - if you want something cross-browser, you'd need to look at a Java
applet...