Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MasterPage Load Timing

MasterPage Load Timing

Fred Chateau

I have some data that must be shared between a master page and content page.
Rather than requesting the data twice, in each Page_Load, I would like to
request the data in one page and then cache it for the other page.

Does anyone know which page loads first? Or can I simply inherit from the
other page to share the data? Or is there a better way to handle this?

Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Fred Chateau

"Fred Chateau" <fchateau@127.0.0.1> wrote ...

> Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

To clarify this, the same dataset that is populating the content page is
being used to write dynamic METAS in the HEAD section of the master page
that change with each content page.

Regards,

Fred Chateau
fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Eliyahu Goldin

Scott Allen has a good article explaining master-content page iteraction:
http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

"Fred Chateau" <fchateau@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have some data that must be shared between a master page and content
>page. Rather than requesting the data twice, in each Page_Load, I would
>like to request the data in one page and then cache it for the other page.
>
> Does anyone know which page loads first? Or can I simply inherit from the
> other page to share the data? Or is there a better way to handle this?
>
> Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm not sure how else to explain it.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Fred Chateau
> fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Fred Chateau

"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...

> Scott Allen has a good article explaining master-content page iteraction:
> http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

I know it's not customary to post thank you's, but this article is much
appreciated.

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Eliyahu Goldin

Hmm...what makes you think it is not customary to post thankyous? I think to
the contrary.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"Fred Chateau" <fchateau@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
>
>> Scott Allen has a good article explaining master-content page iteraction:
>> http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

> I know it's not customary to post thank you's, but this article is much
> appreciated.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Fred Chateau
> fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Fred Chateau

"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...

It seems I remember that use to be a general rule in Usenet etiquette
because unnecessary postings tie up bandwidth.

I think it comes from days when most users had to pay by the amount of
postings they downloaded. It's probably an outdated rule by now but maybe
not. I wonder how many users in remote parts of the world still pay per byte
for Usenet.

Regards,

Fred Chateau