Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Client Side Java Code to Change text to ALL CAP

Client Side Java Code to Change text to ALL CAP

Phillip Vong

Newbie trying to learn. Using VS2005 and a simple aspx page.

I have textbox1 and textbox2. Is there a simple client side code that will
auto turn the text in textbox1 and textbox2 into ALL CAPS when you hit TAB
from one to the other?

Thanks!

Mark Rae

"Phillip Vong" <phillip_vong*at*yahoo*dot*com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have textbox1 and textbox2. Is there a simple client side code that
> will auto turn the text in textbox1 and textbox2 into ALL CAPS when you
> hit TAB from one to the other?

<input type="text" id="MyTextBox" onblur="this.value =
this.value.toUpperCase();" />

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...pt+toUpperCase

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Mark Rae wrote:
> "Phillip Vong" <phillip_vong*at*yahoo*dot*com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I have textbox1 and textbox2. Is there a simple client side code that
>> will auto turn the text in textbox1 and textbox2 into ALL CAPS when you
>> hit TAB from one to the other?

> <input type="text" id="MyTextBox" onblur="this.value =
> this.value.toUpperCase();" />
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...pt+toUpperCase

That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with
JavaScript as a car has with a carpet...

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Mark Rae

"Laurent Bugnion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with JavaScript
> as a car has with a carpet...

Yes I know, but when the OP said "Java" I took him to mean "JavaScript", the
same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET or VB when
they mean VB.NET...

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET

That has got to be one of my pet peeves.

I hate wasting the time it takes to figure out/ask whether
the OP meant ASP or whether the OP meant ASP.NET.

Grrr!

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================

Mark Rae wrote:
> "Laurent Bugnion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with JavaScript
>> as a car has with a carpet...

> Yes I know, but when the OP said "Java" I took him to mean "JavaScript", the
> same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET or VB when
> they mean VB.NET...

And I knew you know Sorry, I should have replied the OP directly.

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Phillip Vong

Thanks for all the comments and I've learn a little about how to post next
time. FYI, I'm doing ASP.Net using VB.NET. I assume this Javascrip will
work for me. I will try it tomorrow.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
>> same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET

> That has got to be one of my pet peeves.
>
> I hate wasting the time it takes to figure out/ask whether
> the OP meant ASP or whether the OP meant ASP.NET.
>
> Grrr!
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ===================================
> "Mark Rae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Laurent Bugnion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with
>>> JavaScript as a car has with a carpet...

>> Yes I know, but when the OP said "Java" I took him to mean "JavaScript",
>> the same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET or VB
>> when they mean VB.NET...

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> That has got to be one of my pet peeves.

Almost as bad as

1) people who post with a subject of "Help!!!" or "Urgent requirement!"

2) people who say they got an error but don't say what the error is

3) people who say that something isn't working but don't supply the code

Grrr!