Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > typed dataset xsd

typed dataset xsd

Scott M.

You don't point DataSets at controls, you point controls a data sources
(such as DataSets).

"Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks sloan.
>
> but I was lead to believe that I could point a dataset at a gridview
>
> and it would render the grid with + and - where you could
> expand and collapse rows.
>
> is this just fantasy land??????
>
> I just had a thought, as I don't want edit capability would
> crystal reports do the job??????????????
>

> "sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gridview+nested
>>
>> http://www.codeguru.com/columns/vb/article.php/c12647/
>>

>> "Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have created a typed dataset (xsd file) with 2 tables and a relation
>>> between them
>>> in VS2005.
>>>
>>> How I do I now bind that dataset to a Gridview??
>>>
>>> When i do this the page is blank.
>>>
>>> ds = New DataSet1()
>>>
>>> gridview1.Datasource = ds
>>> gridview1.DataBind()
>>>

>>> Example code would be helpful cause I am lost??
>>>
>>> rotsey

Rotsey

so intelligent....but not enough to answer the question.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't point DataSets at controls, you point controls a data sources
> (such as DataSets).
>

> "Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> thanks sloan.
>>
>> but I was lead to believe that I could point a dataset at a gridview
>>
>> and it would render the grid with + and - where you could
>> expand and collapse rows.
>>
>> is this just fantasy land??????
>>
>> I just had a thought, as I don't want edit capability would
>> crystal reports do the job??????????????
>>

>> "sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gridview+nested
>>>
>>> http://www.codeguru.com/columns/vb/article.php/c12647/
>>>

>>> "Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Scott M.

And, if you'd like to continue being sarcastic, you'll have a hard time
getting any information. I was simply trying to alert you to the basic
premis of databinding, which by your question seemed like it needed some
enlightenment.

"Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> so intelligent....but not enough to answer the question.
>

> "Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You don't point DataSets at controls, you point controls a data sources
>> (such as DataSets).
>>

>> "Rotsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> thanks sloan.
>>>
>>> but I was lead to believe that I could point a dataset at a gridview
>>>
>>> and it would render the grid with + and - where you could
>>> expand and collapse rows.
>>>
>>> is this just fantasy land??????
>>>
>>> I just had a thought, as I don't want edit capability would
>>> crystal reports do the job??????????????
>>>

>>> "sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rotsey

fine.....it sounded like a smart comment.....I apologize

news:(E-Mail Removed)...