Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > directing page output to a New window from server-side?

directing page output to a New window from server-side?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNB?=

I have an ASP.NET (1.1) page that generates PDF. I'd like to have the PDF
open in a new browser window.
From the Server side, is there any way to cause the output to be put into a
new window??
Thanks

Since a new window must be opened from the client side, the only way to
accomplish it from server side code is to have it emit the necessary client
side code.

The JavaScript window.open method is a common solution.
Here's more info:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ClientSideSuite.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ods/open_0.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

"ChrisA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an ASP.NET (1.1) page that generates PDF. I'd like to have the PDF
> open in a new browser window.
> From the Server side, is there any way to cause the output to be put into
> new window??
> Thanks