Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Close a Form on Server Side!

Close a Form on Server Side!

Vai2000

Hi All! We all know how to close a form on a client side (self.close) etc...
but does someone know how to close a form on server side (C#)
I am opening a pop up window (loading an aspx form)
window.open(myform.aspx....)
I want to close this form once the user hits submit button on it and capture
the value entered in the text box and pass it to a third form (can use
session etc...) but someone other trick would be great.

TIA

Hans Kesting

> Hi All! We all know how to close a form on a client side (self.close) etc...
> but does someone know how to close a form on server side (C#)
> I am opening a pop up window (loading an aspx form)
> window.open(myform.aspx....)
> I want to close this form once the user hits submit button on it and capture
> the value entered in the text box and pass it to a third form (can use
> session etc...) but someone other trick would be great.
>
> TIA

You need to write some javascript that runs when the user clicks that
submit-button, *before* the submit is performed.
You will need to have a reference to that popup window (you got that
from window.open). Read the value that is there, put it in a hidden
field in the main form and let the submit proceed.

Hans Kesting