Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to get Previous Page name?

How to get Previous Page name?

=?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

Hi,
I would like to know how can I get the page name before the current page?

Thanks
Anthony

Peter Bradley

Maintain the state of you application in a separate object, a reference to
which is stored in the Session. Every time you leave a page, store its
identifier in the state object. Retrieve the identifier in the page load of
the page the user has navigated to.

HTH

Peter

"Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I would like to know how can I get the page name before the current
> page?
>
> Thanks
> Anthony

John Timney \(MVP\)

Try

request.servervariables("http_referer")

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I would like to know how can I get the page name before the current
> page?
>
> Thanks
> Anthony

Mark Rae

"John Timney (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> request.servervariables("http_referer")

*Very* unreliable...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...rer+unreliable

John Timney \(MVP\)

absolutely......lol

......but it is the only way if you want to track a client who is not coming
from a page in your application already, where you can track using cookies,
sessions or any othre state holder
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "John Timney (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> request.servervariables("http_referer")

> *Very* unreliable...
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...rer+unreliable

Mark Rae

"John Timney (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> .....but it is the only way if you want to track a client who is not
> coming from a page in your application already, where you can track using
> cookies, sessions or any othre state holder

.... but to do so would give such wildly inaccurate statistics that it's
almost not worth bothering with:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general...p-referer.html

Almost as pointless as tracking IP addresses...

John Timney \(MVP\)

I do agree, and you were certainly right to point it out.

I think the best you can use it for is an indicator - taken with a pinch of
salt.