Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web App support with Vista?

Web App support with Vista?

brett

Has any one been able to successfully install Web Application support
for VS.NET 2005 on Vista:

The upate installs but the ASP.NET web application project never shows
up when I select to create a new project. I can't open an existing web
app projects either.

Thanks,
Brett

Karl Seguin

I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
special....Can't be of much more help than that though

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

"brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Has any one been able to successfully install Web Application support
> for VS.NET 2005 on Vista:
>

> The upate installs but the ASP.NET web application project never shows
> up when I select to create a new project. I can't open an existing web
> app projects either.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

brett

Karl Seguin wrote:
> I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
> special....Can't be of much more help than that though

What steps did you take to get the web apps? I've uninstalled VS.NET
and reinstalled. Then reinstalled the web app support. Still no web
app project.

Thanks,
Brett

Karl Seguin

If I remember correctly...after installing VS.NET 2005...I installed:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx

which asked me to install the Update which I did.

I _might_ have installed them using elevated priviledges, but I don't
remember...don't think I did...

Karl
--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

"brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Karl Seguin wrote:
>> I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
>> special....Can't be of much more help than that though

> What steps did you take to get the web apps? I've uninstalled VS.NET
> and reinstalled. Then reinstalled the web app support. Still no web
> app project.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

brett

Karl Seguin wrote:
> If I remember correctly...after installing VS.NET 2005...I installed:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx
>
> which asked me to install the Update which I did.
>
> I _might_ have installed them using elevated priviledges, but I don't
> remember...don't think I did...

Same thing I did but I'm an administrator on this box. I shouldn't
have to worry about elevated privileges right?

Thanks,
Brett

Karl Seguin

Well, I'm an admin also, but i still run wth User Control enabled...if you
right click on an exe and see "run as administrator" then you are running as
admin WITH UAC enabled...

you can disable it in the User Accounts in control panel...but it requires a
restart...

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

"brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Karl Seguin wrote:
>> If I remember correctly...after installing VS.NET 2005...I installed:
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx
>>
>> which asked me to install the Update which I did.
>>
>> I _might_ have installed them using elevated priviledges, but I don't
>> remember...don't think I did...

> Same thing I did but I'm an administrator on this box. I shouldn't
> have to worry about elevated privileges right?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

brett

I finally found the solution here:
http://geekswithblogs.net/ehammersle.../08/59451.aspx

One of the comments:

"I've tried everything listed but nothing worked, but this did;

Install "VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe" and then install
"WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi"

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6b1-4e54-a4cc-...

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd1-4328-af40-...

"

Then another comment:
"In Options I kept both paths (project templates and item templates) to

point to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates "

That was insane.
Brett