Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: How port unmanaged code to .NET development environment (managed)?

Re: How port unmanaged code to .NET development environment (managed)?

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

david wrote:
> We have a lot of C++ code developed under Visual Studio 6.0.
> Would anyone please to tell me how to reuse those codes in .NET?
>

> Thanks
>
> David

The easiest way is to wrap the unmanaged DLLs. Wrapping them creates a
so-called interop DLL, which is basically marshalling the calls from
managed to unmanaged code and back.

There are tons of pages explaining how to wrap unmanaged DLLs online.
Google is your friend

HTH,
Laurent
--