Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS Sub folder inheritance

IIS Sub folder inheritance

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhaWxlbiBTdWt1bA==?=

I have a primary website at the root folder in IIS.
I have applications installed in the child subfolders in IIS.

The root application has a couple of themes. The root is also associated
with a url ex http://www.mycompany.com

I access the sub applications with this url: http://www.mycompany.com/myApp

The themes in my root folder are getting inherited in my sub applications
and I have had to add "dummy" theme folders to get around this issue. So far
so good.

Recently I tried to add DasBlog as a sub-folder application and it really
does not like .Net Themes. So it immediately throws an error.

My question is: is there a way for sub folder applications to ignore the
settings of the root folder?

Thanks.
--
Good luck!

Shailen Sukul
Architect
(BSc MCTS, MCSD.Net MCSD MCAD)
Ashlen Consulting Service P/L
(http://www.ashlen.net.au)

Shailen Sukul

I was hoping someone could help me but so far there has been no feedback.
Maybe someone from Microsoft can take a look at this?

--
With Regards
Shailen Sukul
news:(E-Mail Removed)...