Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to set the password lengtgh with Login Controls

How to set the password lengtgh with Login Controls

ad

I want to limin the length of password must larger than 6.
How can I do with Login Controls of asp.net 2.0

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hey ad,

If you are creating a new user, and are using the create user wizard,
set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}

If you're changing the password of an existing user, and are using the
changepassword control, set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}

--

Bits.Bytes.
http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

Juan T. Llibre

See :
http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/427.aspx

In web.config...

minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1"

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"ad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to limin the length of password must larger than 6.
> How can I do with Login Controls of asp.net 2.0

ad

If I wnat there must be a alpha charater in the password,. How can I do?

"Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hey ad,
>
> If you are creating a new user, and are using the create user wizard,
> set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}
>
> If you're changing the password of an existing user, and are using the
> changepassword control, set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}
>
> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 08:55:35 +0800, "ad" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I want to limin the length of password must larger than 6.
>>How can I do with Login Controls of asp.net 2.0
>>

> --
>
> Bits.Bytes.
> http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

Brennan Stehling

The character class \w covers alphanumeric characters. It is the same
as [a-zA-Z_0-9] which includes the underscore.

You can find more detail here...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...terclasses.asp

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/

ad wrote:
> If I wnat there must be a alpha charater in the password,. How can I do?
>
> "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> ???????:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Hey ad,
> >
> > If you are creating a new user, and are using the create user wizard,
> > set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}
> >
> > If you're changing the password of an existing user, and are using the
> > changepassword control, set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}
> >
> > On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 08:55:35 +0800, "ad" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I want to limin the length of password must larger than 6.
> >>How can I do with Login Controls of asp.net 2.0
> >>

> > --
> >
> > Bits.Bytes.
> > http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

ad

But I want that there must include at least one alpha in it.
How can I do?
"Brennan Stehling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
> The character class \w covers alphanumeric characters. It is the same
> as [a-zA-Z_0-9] which includes the underscore.
>
> You can find more detail here...
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...terclasses.asp
>
> Brennan Stehling
> http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/
>
> ad wrote:
>> If I wnat there must be a alpha charater in the password,. How can I do?
>>
>> "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> ???????:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> > Hey ad,
>> >
>> > If you are creating a new user, and are using the create user wizard,
>> > set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}
>> >
>> > If you're changing the password of an existing user, and are using the
>> > changepassword control, set the PasswordRegularExpression to \w{6,}

>> > --
>> >
>> > Bits.Bytes.
>> > http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

Juan T. Llibre