Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Legacy ADODB.Stream and System.IO.Filestream

Legacy ADODB.Stream and System.IO.Filestream

Hawksey

Hello,

I have an older CRM Web application, that we are not going to change to
..net that makes use of the ADODB object to load images into a SQL
database (varbinary) field.

I am rewriting an application in .NET that retrieves these images. I
have used the following article to retrieve the image from the Database
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;316887. The
image is written to the filesystem, but does not display in the web
application. The older application used to get the images using the
following bit of code
Dim oStream As ADODB.Stream
Set oStream = New ADODB.Stream
oStream.Write(....recordset("FieldName"))etc.
oStream.SaveToFile PathAndFileName, adSaveCreateOverWrite

Could anyone point me in the right direction as how to accomplish this.
Without having to change the CRM application???

Many Thanks
Paul

Hawksey

Not to worry, I worked out my problem.

I had left out a line of very important code

Doh

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Why don't you share and help out someone else who might be having the
same problem?

--

Bits.Bytes.
http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

Mark Rae

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Not to worry, I fixed it" without sharing the fix is as bad as "Urgent!
> please help. Send me the solution right away!"

Almost as bad as:

"How do I <insert any REALLY obvious question>? I don't know how to use
Google"