Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > membership/role providers - transactions!

membership/role providers - transactions!

mehdi

Hi folks,
I got a general question that I cannot find the answer for. Consider a
3-tier application architecture with a Web Service handling the
business layer (BL) logic. The BL provides the client the facility to
create/update/delete or query any given Employee account within the
system. Each employee has got a username/password pair that's supposed
to be stored in the *aspnetdb* database using the Membership API. The
question is that how a client is supposed to create an employee account
with one web method, and create a new user name with another web
method, *transactionally* under a *stateless* web service???

[WebMethod] void CreateEmployee(Employee employee) { }

[WebMethod] void CreateUser(string username, string password) {}

How am I supposed to keep the integrity of the system? Maybe, you
suggest the following WebMethod instead of those two:

void CreateEmployee(Employee employee, string username, string
password) {}

However, this introduces a new bunch of problems under the
UpdateEmployee/DeleteEmployee and the like methods.

What should be done to handle the issue rationally?

Thank you for your time,
Mehdi

Web Publishing Wizard service providers =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeSBIb21ld29vZA==?= Wireless Networking 0 05-25-2005 04:49 PM
pix VPN with different CA providers? Eugene Vekua Cisco 5 05-26-2004 09:31 AM
Dual Providers John Cisco 1 04-26-2004 01:50 AM
ISDN switch type and providers in Toronto Ghazan Haider Cisco 0 12-27-2003 09:38 PM
We are the Solution providers Mayank Microsoft Certification 0 08-16-2003 08:08 PM

Advertisments