Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > accessing sql database

accessing sql database

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

hey all,
i have 2 pcs that access my database server. one has Enterprise Manager on
it and i can access the database just fine.
the other pc has visual studio on it and i'm trying to connect using Data
Link properties specifying SQL credentials, sa as the login but i'm getting
access denied. i thought sa would get me in. am i missing somethig?

thanks,
rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIE8nJ0Rvbm5lbGw=?=

You need to set the SQL Server Authentication to Mixed Mode to allow SQL
Logins to access the box. It installs by default to only allow windows
authentication.

--

Ciaran O''Donnell
http://wannabedeveloper.space.live.com

"rodchar" wrote:

> hey all,
> i have 2 pcs that access my database server. one has Enterprise Manager on
> it and i can access the database just fine.
> the other pc has visual studio on it and i'm trying to connect using Data
> Link properties specifying SQL credentials, sa as the login but i'm getting
> access denied. i thought sa would get me in. am i missing somethig?
>
> thanks,
> rodchar

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

if you mean the following: